Rutherford Funeral Home at Powell

450 W Olentangy Street
Powell, OH 43065

Services Offered

F Funeral Home DB Cemetery
CR Crematory Services
 

About This Business

The Rutherford Funeral Homes and Crematories have been serving the families of Columbus and Central Ohio for eighty five years from their four convenient locations in Columbus, Worthington and Powell, Ohio.

Rutherford Funeral Homes and Crematories were first established in 1923 by Perry E. and Ruth Rutherford as the P.E. Undertaking Co., located at the corner of Frambes Avenue and North High Street. In 1925, the funeral home moved to its present location at 2383 North High Street as the P. E. Undertaking Company. It is now known as the Rutherford Funeral Home and is owned and operated by William P. Rutherford, the son of Perry E. and Ruth Rutherford.

In 1961, the Rutherford Family acquired the Corbin Funeral Home in Worthington, Ohio. This formed the Rutherford-Corbin Funeral Home, located at 515 High Street, three blocks south of Dublin-Granville Road (State Route 161). Also located at that facility are two of our four crematories.

1976 saw further expansion of the Rutherford Funeral Homes by the acquisition of the Shroyer Funeral Home, forming the Rutherford-Shroyer Funeral Home. The smallest of our four locations, it is located in historic "Franklinton" at 1278 West Broad Street, just west of downtown Columbus.

In 1996 our firm continued to grow. The Rutherford family added our newest location, Rutherford Funeral Home at Powell, located at 450 West Olentangy Street (Powell Road). Also located at this new facility are two crematories to offer greater service and convenience to the families of Central Ohio.

In the many years of caring for the families of Columbus and Central Ohio, our firm has understood one very basic concept: that real service is based on trust and offering families a variety of choices to carry out their last wishes. As we continue into the twenty first century, Rutherford Funeral Homes and Crematories continues to build on our eighty-two year tradition of service and meeting the needs and desires of the communities we serve.