J Allen Hooper Funeral Chapel/Morrisville
About This Business
The J. Allen Hooper Funeral Chapel has been in business since 1923. It was owned and operated by J. Allen and Rita Hooper. After Mr. Hooper's death, Rita sold the business to Peter J. "Jack" Soltis, Jr. in 1978. Jack had served his internship with Mr. Hooper, and was familiar with the town and Mr. Hooper's philosophy of giving back to the community. We sponsored the 1955 Little League Championship Baseball Team, and continue to be their sponsor. We also support Morrisville High School, Holy Trinity School, as well as many other organizations and clubs. The funeral chapel was first located on Pennsylvania Ave., however, in 1983, Jack had the opportunity to move the funeral home to a better facility on Trenton Avenue, where we continue to this day. The consistancy of our staff is a tribute to the dedication that we have for our families. Ken VanAken worked here from 1945 until his passing several years ago. Steve Ullrich has been with Hooper Funeral Chapel since 1988. It is our honor and priviledge to serve the families of Morrisville, Yardley, Falls Township, Lower Makefield Township, and our surrounding communities.